- Large sweet potatoes, roughly chopped (about 5 cups)
- 1 head garlic, peeled
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- Cayenne pepper (optional)
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2/3 cup chopped cilantro leaves
Active time: 15 minutes
Total time: 55 minutes
Preheat oven to 400°. On a baking sheet, toss sweet potatoes, garlic, and onion with coconut oil and salt. Bake until softened and golden, about 30 to 40 minutes.
Transfer roasted vegetables to a blender. Add 4 cups boiling water, turmeric, cayenne (if using), lime juice, and olive oil and puree until smooth. Season with salt to taste. Add cilantro and pulse to just incorporate (do not blend, or soup will turn muddy color). Serve hot. Soup can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.