Both the salmon and the relish can be made ahead and served at room temperature.
Servings: Serves 8
- 1 large side of salmon (about 4 pounds), bones removed, cut into 8 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 4 ears corn , shucked or 1 bag (10 ounces) frozen corn , thawed
- 4 scallions , chopped, both green and white parts
- 1 small clove garlic , minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Zest of 1 lemon , minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (about 1 lemon), plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt , plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper , plus more to taste
To make salmon: Preheat oven to 400°. Pat salmon dry with a paper towel. Brush both sides with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on a rimmed baking sheet, skin side down. Roast 12 to 15 minutes, until flesh is opaque and golden brown on top. Remove from oven and let sit 10 minutes.
To make relish: Stand each ear of corn on its larger end in a shallow baking pan, holding the tapered end with your non-cutting hand. Using a sharp knife, slice kernels off from top to bottom; transfer kernels to a large bowl. Add remaining relish ingredients. Toss to combine. Adjust seasoning to taste.
Place salmon on a serving platter and top each piece with corn relish. Serve additional relish in a bowl on the side.
Printed from Oprah.com on March 15, 2014
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.