Colin's mother, Gloria, made the crispiest, most decadent roasted potatoes ever; once a year, he recreates her unbeatable recipe, tossing the vegetables with garlic and rosemary.
Servings: Serves 10
- 6 large russet potatoes (about 4 1/2 pounds), peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup pearl onions or cipollini , blanched and peeled
- 12 medium shallots , peeled
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped rosemary
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 24 large cloves garlic
Preheat oven to 425°. In a large mixing bowl, combine potatoes, onions, shallots, rosemary, olive oil, salt and pepper. Transfer mixture to a large jelly-roll pan and spread into one layer. Bake about 30 minutes.
Remove pan from oven. Add garlic cloves and toss to combine. Return pan to oven and continue to bake until potatoes are crisp and fork-tender, 30 to 40 more minutes, turning vegetables twice during cooking. Serve warm.
Printed from Oprah.com on December 7, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.