The Gigi staff make their own unleavened dough for this crust. We suggest pita; pizza dough or wheat tortillas also work.
Preheat oven to 450°. To make pesto, put peppers, cheese, parsley, 1 teaspoon capers, mustard, paprika, and garlic into a food processor and pulse until combined. With the motor running, drizzle in oil to make a smooth puree; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Arrange pitas in a single layer on 2 large baking sheets and bake until just crisp, 3 to 4 minutes. Spread 1 side of each pita with pesto then top with salmon. Scatter remaining capers over the top and bake until crisp and fragrant, about 5 minutes more.
Transfer pitas to plates, and top with microgreens; serve warm.
Replace toppings with…
- Spring: Sautéed leeks, bacon, and Fontina.
- Summer: Sliced tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, oregano, and basil.
- Fall: Cooked spaghetti squash, Brie, and prosciutto or salami.
- Winter: Fig jam, prosciutto, Gorgonzola dolce, fresh rosemary, and honey.
- All year round: Fennel sausage, broccoli rabe, shaved Parmesan, and red chili flakes.
Hudson Valley Mediterranean: The Gigi Good Food Cookbook, by Laura Pensiero. Copyright (c) 2009 by Laura Pensiero. Published by William Morrow Cookbooks, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers. Reprinted by permission.