Roasted potatoes go high-class with the help of fancy filling and a gorgeous presentation.
Servings: Makes 12 servings
- 12 small Yukon Gold potatoes
- 2 teaspoons plus 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled Maytag blue cheese
- 4 slices applewood-smoked bacon , cooked until crisp and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
Preheat oven to 350°F. Place potatoes in a large saucepan. Cover with cold water; bring to a boil. Add 2 teaspoons salt; cook until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain.
Once cooled, slice a small piece from the top and the bottom of each potato. Transfer to a medium bowl; toss with oil, remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, and pepper.
Place potatoes on a baking sheet. With a paring knife, score top of each potato. Top each with equal amounts of blue cheese and bacon. Bake until cheese melts, 5 to 7 minutes. Sprinkle with chives and serve.
Printed from Oprah.com on May 24, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.