- 1 cup each medium diced zucchini and squash and roma tomato and red onion
- 1/4 cup olive salad
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 4 15-inch squares of heavy-duty aluminum foil
- 4 teaspoons Emeril's Original Essence
- 4 (6- to 8-ounce) red snapper fillets
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons plus 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces frissee
- 8 ounces baby spinach
- 1 bulb endive , sliced thinly at a 45° angle
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 350°.
In a medium bowl, combine the vegetables with the olive salad, garlic, Italian seasoning, 1 teaspoon of the salt, and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Mix together to combine.
Season the fish generously on both sides with the Emeril's Original Essence.
Fold each piece of aluminum foil in half. Open each folded piece and place 1/4 of the vegetable mixture just below the crease and in the center of each foil square. Place a snapper filet on top of the vegetables. Drizzle each fillet with 1/2 a tablespoon of lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Fold the foil over the fillet and tightly crimp the edges to form a seal. Place the pouches on a sheet pan and place in the oven to bake for about 25 minutes.
While the fish bakes, in a large mixing bowl, combine the frissee, baby spinach, endive and red onion. Season the lettuce with salt and cracked black pepper, and toss to combine. Divide the lettuces among 4 entrée plates.
Remove the fish from the oven. Combine the shallots, vinegar and mustard in a medium bowl set over a plate covered by a dishtowel to prevent the bowl from moving while whisking. Whisk the mixture while gradually adding the remaining 1/3 cup of the olive oil. Gently pierce each fish packet and whisk the juices into the vinaigrette. Season the vinaigrette with salt and pepper. Place the fish and vegetables over each salad. Divide the vinaigrette evenly over the 4 salads and serve immediately with crusty bread.