Servings: Serves 4
- 3/4 pound whole-wheat spaghetti
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. red curry paste
- 1/3 cup chicken stock or low-sodium broth
- 1/4 cup and 2 Tbsp. packed cilantro leaves
- Kosher salt
- 1 cup (2 1/2 ounces) mung bean sprouts
- 2 scallions , white and green parts quartered and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 carrot , coarsely grated
- 1/3 cup salted, roasted peanuts , coarsely chopped
- Lime wedges , for serving
Total time: 25 minutes
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the spaghetti until it is al dente. Drain the spaghetti and rinse under cold water until cool. Drain very well.
Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine the peanut butter with the lime juice, red curry paste, stock and 1/4 cup of the cilantro leaves and puree. Season the sauce with salt.
In a large bowl, toss the spaghetti with the peanut sauce, bean sprouts, scallions and carrot until well coated. Season with salt. Transfer to bowls and sprinkle with the remaining cilantro leaves and the peanuts. Serve with lime wedges.
Beer Pairing: Dishes flavored with peanut butter always go well with malty beers because they share similar sweet, nutty tones. Look for a Summer Solstice Cerveza Crema from Anderson Valley Brewing Company or an Abita Springs, Louisiana.
Printed from Oprah.com on March 9, 2014
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.