Servings: Makes 4 servings
- 3 tablespoons mixed chopped herbs , such as parsley, thyme, basil, chervil, and rosemary
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 slices (1/4-inch-thick) baguette
- 48 ounces raw baby spinach
- 2 ounces soft goat cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups quartered cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
To make the croutons, preheat oven to 375°F. In a small bowl, mix herbs, half of garlic, and salt. Using olive oil, brush baguette slices; sprinkle with herb mixture. Place on a baking sheet; bake until golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove; set aside.
In a large bowl, mix spinach, cheese, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
In a large sauté pan over medium flame, heat olive oil until just hot; then reduce to low. Add sugar and stir until dissolved. Add tomatoes and stir 30 seconds. Add remaining half of garlic; continue cooking for 30 seconds. Turn off heat; add lemon juice and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Stir gently and mix into spinach. Top each salad with croutons and serve.