Servings: Makes 4 servings
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup fennel fronds
- 2 cups fennel , shaved
- 1 cup mixed baby greens
- 1 cup tear drop tomatoes , quartered
- 1 each Belgian endive , julienned
- 1 each Japanese pear , diced 1/4-inch
- 1/2 cup fennel stems, cut on extreme bias
- 1/2 cup almonds , chopped
Combine the olive oil, mustard, white wine vinegar and fennel fronds and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Gently toss the fennel, baby greens, tomatoes, endive, pear, fennel stems and almonds and toss with the vinaigrette just prior to serving.
From the book Charlie Trotter Cooks at Home