Servings: Serves 4
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes , sliced into halves or quarters
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups fresh baby arugula
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt , or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound linguine
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter , cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup shaved Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/3 cup small loosely packed basil leaves
In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, olive oil, arugula, garlic, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
Prepare linguine according to package directions. Strain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water. Transfer pasta to the tomato-arugula mixture; add butter. Toss until arugula is wilted and butter is melted, adding some of the reserved water if the pasta seems too dry. Divide among individual bowls or transfer to a serving platter; garnish with cheese and basil.