Created by Colin Cowie
The secret to an effortless transition between courses is to dish out the salads the night before, then set the whole tray of them in the refrigerator. These tart, gorgeous autumn slaws include paper-thin shavings of raw Brussels sprouts tossed with toasted almonds, lemon juice and Parmesan cheese.
Servings: Serves 10
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts
- 1/4 cup olive oil or 3 tablespoons olive oil and 1 tablespoon truffle oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely sliced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 350°. Place almonds on baking sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown. Set aside to cool. Meanwhile, slice Brussels sprouts as thinly as possible. In large bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, chives, salt and pepper. Add Brussels sprouts, almonds and Parmesan cheese. Toss until combined.