- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 10 whole crackers crushed)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter , melted
- 2 1/2 pounds (five 8-ounce packages) cream cheese , at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs , at room temperature
- 2 egg yolks , at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup red jelly (not jam), such as current, raspberry, or strawberry
- 1 1/2 pints fresh raspberries
Increase oven temperature to 450°. Place cream cheese and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and blend on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Reduce speed to medium and add eggs and egg yolks, 2 at a time, combing well after each addition. With mixer on low, add sour cream, lemon zest, and vanilla. Mix thoroughly and pour into crust.
Bake cake 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 225° and bake an additional 1 hour and 15 minutes. Turn off oven and open door wide. Cake will not be completely set in center. Leave cake in oven with door open 30 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to sit at room temperature another 2 to 3 hours, until completely cooled. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
Remove cake from springform pan by carefully running a hot knife around the outside of cake. Retain bottom of pan for serving.
To make the topping, melt jelly in a small pan over low heat. In a bowl, gently toss raspberries and jelly until well-mixed; using a spoon, arrange berries on top of cake. Refrigerate until ready to serve.