- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups quinoa
- 2 3/4 cups unsalted chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt , or to taste
- 1/4 cup pesto (homemade or store-bought), or to taste
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds , toasted
Add chicken broth and salt; bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, until quinoa is just tender, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and fluff with a fork; stir in pesto. Transfer quinoa to a serving bowl and serve warm or at room temperature, topped with toasted almonds.