- 1 cup quinoa
- 12 cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives , halved
- Sprigs fresh mint , finely chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. raspberry vinegar
- 2 avocados
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Black pepper
- Lightly toasted pumpkin seeds
Turn off the heat and transfer the quinoa to a bowl. Set aside until it cools.
Prepare the veggies: Lightly blanch the asparagus and cut into 1-inch pieces, discarding the tough ends. Blanch the corn kernels.
In a mixing bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, tomatoes, corn, asparagus, olives and mint. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, raspberry vinegar and sea salt. Pour the dressing over the quinoa and veggies and toss.
Slice the avocado and drizzle with a little lemon juice. To serve the salad, fan about 6 slices of avocado on each plate and top with about a cup of the salad mixture. Sprinkle with toasted pumpkin seeds and freshly ground black pepper.
- You can add some cooked beans like garbanzo, pinto beans or fresh edamame for an even higher protein dish.
- Other veggies of your choice can be used, such as carrot, fennel and shallot; or cucumber, red and yellow peppers and artichoke hearts.
- For nonvegans, add some crumbled feta cheese. For vegans, add marinated tofu cubes. Make a marinade from soy sauce, lemon juice and a little balsamic vinegar and marinate the cubes for at least an hour so they absorb the flavor. Then you can add as-is or bake in the marinade for about 15 minutes.
- In place of mint, you could use fresh dill, parsley, chervil, chives or spring onion.