Quinoa Salad with Arugula and Tomatoes Recipe
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 6 cups lightly packed baby arugula (about 6 ounces)
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup spicy citrus dressing, divided (get the recipe)
- 1 or 2 Fresno chiles or jalapeños, stemmed, seeded, and chopped
- 1/2 English cucumber, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
Active time: 30 minutes
Total time: 1 hour (includes making the dressing)
In a medium pot, bring 1 cup water, broth, quinoa, oil, and salt just to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until liquid is absorbed and quinoa is tender, about 20 minutes. Uncover, fluff with a fork, transfer to a large plate, and set aside to let cool.
In a large bowl, toss together arugula, tomatoes, and 1/4 cup dressing, and then transfer to a large platter. In the same bowl, gently toss together reserved quinoa, chiles, cucumber, onion, and remaining 1/2 cup dressing.
Spoon quinoa mixture over arugula salad, top with cilantro, and serve.
More Salad Recipes