- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked bulgur
- 2 serrano chili peppers, chopped (seeded if you prefer less heat)
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. salt, plus more to taste
Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add garlic and onions and sauté until soft, about 4 minutes.
Add all other ingredients, plus 4 cups water, and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 30 minutes, until bulgur is soft. Serve immediately.