Try this delicious recipe!
Servings: Serves 12–15
- 2 pounds (about 5 to 6) Idaho potatoes , peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup heavy cream , brought to a boil and kept warm
- 6 tablespoons butter , softened to room temperature
- Salt and cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup pitted Nicoise olives or Kalamata olives , chopped rough
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme
In a large saucepan place, cover the chopped potatoes with cold water and bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and cook until potatoes are very tender when stabbed with a fork, about 15 minutes. Drain well. Return to the saucepan and add the cream and butter. With a hand mixer, blend until just smooth (do not over-whip).
Add the olives and thyme. Garnish each serving with a sprig of thyme. Season generously with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Printed from Oprah.com on March 11, 2014
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.