This is delicious on salads, pasta and grilled lamb chops. Rub it lightly on a leg of lamb before roasting or use it to season a salad of tomatoes, onion and goat cheese. Stir a generous pinch into a cup of olive oil and serve as a dipping sauce. It's also terrific on corn on the cob, hard-boiled eggs, egg salad or even a simple fried egg. The salt will keep for about two months when sealed and stored in a cool, dry place.
Servings: Makes about 1/2 cup
- 1/2 cup sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried organic lavender
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or oregano
- 1 heaping teaspoon grated lemon zest *
* Wash and dry lemon well before using
In a small bowl, use a spoon or fork to break up any large salt crystals. Stir in herbs and lemon zest; mix well. Let sit 1 hour before sealing in a small glass jar.