Servings: Serves 4
- 1 cup drained and rinsed low-sodium white beans , such as navy or cannellini
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 cup part-skim ricotta
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 clove garlic , roughly chopped
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 4 slices whole-wheat bread
- 8 Tbsp. bean spread
- 8 Tbsp. shredded part-skim mozzarella
For the bean spread, place the beans, lemon juice, ricotta, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper in a mini-chopper and blend until smooth. Spread each slice of bread with 2 tablespoonfuls of the bean spread. Divide the cheese among the 4 slices and toast in a toaster oven until the cheese is golden and melted.
Store the remaining dip in an airtight container. Can be refrigerated for up to 1 week.
Per serving: 157 calories, 20g of carbohydrate, 10g of protein, 4.5g of total fat, 2g of saturated fat, 370mg of sodium, 4g of fiber