Servings: Makes 4 servings
- 8 ounces proscuitto , thinly sliced
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1 1/2 cups watercress , cleaned and thick stems discarded
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and garlic and brush on the sourdough bread. Grill the sourdough bread over a moderate flame until the bread is toasted.
Arrange some of the proscuitto, cheese and watercress in between two slices of bread and sprinkle with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cut in half on the diagonal.
From the book Charlie Trotter Cooks at Home