- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons skim milk
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Pinch of sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper , to taste
- 1 teaspoon ' ' chopped fresh herbs (tarragon, chives, Italian parsley or basil)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red onion , finely chopped
- 4 broccoli florettes , coarsely chopped
- 10 fresh or frozen asparagus spears , peeled and cut into pieces
- 1 cup fresh spinach , washed and cleaned
- 1 small zucchini , sliced thin
- 4 small red potatoes , cooked and sliced thin
In a six-inch, non-stick omelet pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. When hot, add the chopped onion and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the rest of the vegetables to the pan, and sauté for another 5 minutes.
Add the egg mixture to the pan and stir well. Sprinkle the grated cheese over the mixture. As the mixture begins to set, place the pan in the oven and bake for 4–5 minutes, until firm. Allow the frittata to cool slightly, and then cut into wedges.
Recommended alternatives: To make a lower-fat frittata, substitute one whole egg and two egg whites, or three Egg Beaters for the eggs. Substitute soy milk for the skim milk, and tofu cheddar cheese for regular cheddar.