Potato Leek Soup
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups chopped Spanish onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 4 cups peeled and chopped russet potatoes
- 2 cups chopped leeks (white part only)
- 5 cups filtered water
- 1/2 cup soaked cashews
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Add the water and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer. Simmer until the vegetables are tender. Remove the soup from the heat.
Place in a blender or food processor along with the cashews and puree until smooth. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve and season to taste with salt and pepper.