Servings: Serves 6
- 12 thin (about 3/8-inch-thick) slices pork cut from the loin
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil , divided
- 2 Tbsp. roughly chopped parsley
- 2 tsp. thinly sliced lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp. capers , rinsed and roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic , finely chopped
- 1 tomato , diced
- 3 cups roughly chopped arugula
- Lemon wedges , for serving
Total time: 15 minutes
Season both sides of pork slices with salt and pepper and drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Heat two cast-iron skillets over medium-high heat. When pans are hot, place 6 slices of pork in each pan and cook until nicely browned, about 2 minutes. Turn and cook for 2 minutes on the other side. Remove the scaloppine to a warm serving platter.
Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add the parsley, lemon zest, capers, tomatoes, and garlic, and let sizzle for a bare minute. Spoon the sauce over the scaloppine and top with a handful of arugula. Garnish with lemon wedges.
From Heart of the Artichoke (Workman), by David Tanis.
Per serving: 195 calories, 20 grams fat, 3 grams saturated fat. Plus 64 percent DV of Vitamin K.