Adapted from Wine Bar Food, by Cathy Mantuano and Tony Mantuano, copyright © 2008. With permission from Clarkson Potter/Publishers.
This recipe is made from ingredients featured in The Great Pantry Makeover.
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 pounds country-style pork ribs , cut from rib end
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 cloves garlic , smashed and peeled
- 2 jars or cans (24-ounces apiece) Italian tomato puree (passato di pomodoro)
- 1/2 cup pickled chilies , such as cherry peppers
- Basil leaves , for garnish (optional)
Cover and transfer to oven. Braise until meat is tender, 2 1/2 hours. Add chilies and cook for 30 minutes more.
Transfer ribs to a platter. Ladle sauce and chilies over ribs. Garnish with basil; serve.