Servings: Makes 12 meatballs
- 2 pounds ground chuck roast
- 2 to 3 ounces sweet sausages
- 1/2 white onion , cut into pieces
- 1 stalk celery , cut into pieces
- 1 small carrot , cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley , chopped
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Romano cheese
- 2 slices white bread , crusts removed
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 small garlic clove , pressed through a garlic press
- 1/2 tsp. table salt
- 1 egg , slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup ketchup
Place the ground chuck in a large mixing bowl.
Remove casing from the sweet Italian sausages and add into the mixing bowl with the ground chuck. Discard the casings.
In a food processor, chop onions, celery, carrot and parsley until small. Add to the meat in the bowl.
Add the next 9 ingredients to the bowl and using your hands, mix well until all of the ingredients are incorporated.
Form 12 meatballs, 4 ounces each. To help you gage the size, you can use a 1/4 cup dry measuring cup. Roll them in your hands to make smooth, round balls.
Heat a large frying pan until hot. Add 1/4 cup of olive oil and heat for 30 seconds. Add the prepared meatballs.
Using a metal spatula, gently turn the meatballs every 30 to 45 seconds until all sides are brown.
Gently remove the meatballs and place them on a platter while you prepare the Silky Marinara Sauce