Poached Salmon in Court-Bouillon Recipe
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 6 whole black peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 large fresh flat-leaf parsley sprig
- 3 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 6 salmon steaks, at least 1 inch thick
- Freshly ground pepper
In a large slow cooker, combine the onion, carrot, celery, peppercorns, bay leaf, parsley, a pinch of salt, the vinegar, and the water. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours.
Sprinkle the salmon steaks with salt and pepper to taste and place them in the cooker.
Spoon some of the liquid over the top. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes, or until done to taste. (To test for doneness, make a small cut in the thickest part. The fish should appear slightly translucent.)
Remove the salmon steaks with a slotted spatula. Serve them hot or lightly chilled.
Excerpted from The Mediterranean Slow Cooker, © 2013 by Michele Scicolone. Reproduced by permission of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. All rights reserved.
More Slow-Cooker Recipes