- 2 slices of bread of your choice, toasted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup water (or enough to fill a deep saucepan 3 inches)
- 1 tsp. of vinegar or lemon juice
- Butter for toast (optional)
- Matcha sea salt, to taste
- Course ground black pepper, to taste
Pour vinegar or lemon juice into a small saucepan, then enough water to come 3 inches up the pan. Bring to a boil, gently add eggs, then remove from heat and cover for few minutes. Remove eggs with a slotted spoon.
Toast the bread and spread butter (optional).
Place one poached egg on each slice of bread. Season to taste with matcha sea salt and black pepper. Serve with fresh vegetables and a hot cup of tea.
This recipe is part of an article on new, easy ways to spice up the foods you love.