Please Don't Drink the Finger Bowl
- Soup should be sipped from the side of the spoon.
- Cut only one piece of food at a time.
- Slice from the end of a piece of fish or meat, not from the middle.
- Don't hunch over your dinner plate as if you're taking a high school algebra exam.
- If a waiter is hovering when you're trying to have a private conversation, tell him, "Thank you for your attentiveness—we'll let you know if we need something."
- Don't dive into your food until all of your dining partners are served. If they've been served and you haven't, advise them to begin so their meals won't get cold.
- Unless you're with friends or family, don't ask for a doggie bag.
Printed from Oprah.com on Friday, December 6, 2013
© 2013 OWN, LLC. All Rights Reserved