Olive-oil-packed Italian or Spanish tuna is a moist filling for these smoky Spanish peppers.
This recipe is made from ingredients featured in The Great Pantry Makeover
Servings: Serves 4
- 2 cans (6 ounces apiece) tuna in oil, drained
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 jar (about 12) whole piquillo peppers
- 12 medium-size whole basil leaves
In a bowl, flake tuna. Add paprika, lemon zest, lemon juice, and oil; mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Dry piquillo peppers on paper towels. Carefully split peppers open, remove seeds, and lay flat. Place a basil leaf on each and top with 1 Tbsp. tuna mixture. Carefully roll to close. Seal each pepper with a toothpick if desired. Drizzle with extra oil and sprinkle with pepper; serve.
Printed from Oprah.com on June 19, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.