What could be easier than tossing pasta with this tasty pesto? Presto, dinner's ready!
Servings: Makes 1 generous cup
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 7 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup grated pecorino cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil , preferably Italian, plus more as needed
Combine all ingredients except olive oil in the bowl of a food processor. With machine running, slowly add olive oil until smooth. Season with salt. Toss with pasta. (Note: Add 2 to 4 tablespoons of pasta cooking water to pesto to make creamy before tossing with pasta.)
Printed from Oprah.com on March 12, 2014
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.