- 2 ounces (1/2 cup) finely ground (in a coffee grinder) or grated bittersweet chocolate ' '
- 1 cup milk (for best results, use 2 percent fat or higher)
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint leaves
- Peppermint stick, for garnish
- Whipped cream , for garnish
Recommended ingredient: Buy quality chocolate bars, such as Callebaut and Valrhona—available at grocery stores or online at chocolatesource.com. If you don't want to grind chocolate, Chocolate Bar suggests Jacques Torres Classic Hot Chocolate mix or Wicked Hot Chocolate mix—available at Jacques Torres Chocolate in Brooklyn and Chocolate Bar, or online at www.mrchocolate.com