- 5 pounds (12 to 15) Bosc pears
- 1 cup dried cherries
- Grated zest of 1 orange
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 16 tablespoons (2 sticks) cold butter , diced
Peel, core, and cut pears into large chunks. Combine pears with cherries, zests, juices, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Pour into baking dish.
Combine flour, sugars, salt, oatmeal, and butter in the bowl of an electric mixer. Blend on low speed until mixture is crumbly and butter is the size of peas. Scatter evenly on top of pear filling.
Place baking dish on a sheet pan and bake about 1 hour, until top is brown and pears are bubbly. Serve warm.