- 1 head garlic
- 1/2 cup plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large French baguette , sliced into 1/4-inch slices
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound fresh peas ,' 'shelled, or 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 1/4 cup slivered black olives
- 1/4 cup grated Pecorino cheese
Meanwhile, using 1/4 cup olive oil, brush baguette slices; place on baking sheet. Toast in oven until golden brown, 4 to 7 minutes. Remove; cool to room temperature.
Bring 1 quart salted water to a boil; blanch peas, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain and place in bowl with roasted garlic and remaining 1/4 cup olive oil. Smash peas and garlic with fork until just chunky. Stir in olives and cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with baguette slices.