This salad contains many of the chef's favorites: chervil, a mustardy lemon-vinaigrette, and sliced avocado to add silkiness.
Servings: Makes 6 servings
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces mixed baby greens
- 1/2 cup mixed fresh herbs (such as chervil, mint, basil, flat-leaf parsley, dill, cilantro or tarragon leaves)
- 2 medium scallions , thinly sliced
- 1 avocado , peeled and thinly sliced
In a large bowl, whisk together lemon juice, mustard, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Slowly whisk in olive oil until blended. Toss dressing with greens, herbs, and scallions. Add avocado slices and serve.
133 calories, 12.1 grams fat, 1.7 grams saturated fat, 0 mg of cholesterol, 88 mg sodium, 6.3 grams carbohydrate, 2.0 grams fiber, 2.3 grams protein
Printed from Oprah.com on June 19, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.