Alex's serving suggestion: "With its rich, nutty flavor, this pesto is fantastic on roast pork or drizzled on grilled mushrooms."
Makes 1 cup
- 1 1/2 (about five cloves) chopped garlic
- 2 cups parsley
- 1 cup sliced scallions
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more to taste
- 1/2 cup raw walnut pieces
- 3/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
Total time: 12 minutes
In a food processor, combine garlic, parsley, scallions, sugar, salt and pepper. Pulse until garlic, parsley and scallions just come together but are not paste-like. With the motor running, slowly pour in olive oil, scraping sides of bowl as necessary. Check the texture and flavor, adding up to 1/4 more olive oil as necessary. Add walnuts and pulse to combine. Transfer pesto to a bowl and stir in Parmesan. Season with salt to taste. (This recipe may need close to 3/4 cup olive oil.)
More Pesto Recipes
Printed from Oprah.com on Saturday, December 21, 2013
© 2012 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.