- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup semolina semolina flour
- 3 large large eggs
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound asparagus , trimmed and cut (on the diagonal) into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white white pepper
- 2 large shallots , minced
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 18 jumbo shrimp , peeled and de-veined (tail left on)
- 1/2 cup white white wine
- 2 cups diced plum plum tomatoes (about 6 small tomatoes)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian fresh Italian parsley
To make sauce: In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Add asparagus, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon white pepper. Cover and cook 2 minutes; then add shallots and garlic. Sauté 2 minutes; remove asparagus to a plate. Set burner on high; heat the remaining tablespoon olive oil in same skillet. Add shrimp and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Sauté 1 minute per side, until golden. Add wine, tomatoes, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt; simmer until shrimp are just opaque in center. Remove pan from heat; stir in parsley and asparagus.
Meanwhile, in an 8-quart saucepan, cook pappardelle in 6 quarts boiling water. Add 2 teaspoons salt if desired. Gently stir to separate pasta; cook 2 to 3 minutes, until tender but firm. Drain. Do not rinse.
Toss pappardelle with sauce and serve immediately.