Servings: Serves 8
- 5 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 5 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 clove garlic , peeled and finely chopped
- Zest of 1 large lemon (or 2 small), finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt , plus more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slender green zucchini , trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 tablespoons dried breadcrumbs
Place mint in a small bowl and add cilantro, garlic, lemon zest and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add pepper to taste and toss with fingertips, making sure lemon zest and garlic are evenly dispersed. Set aside at room temperature so flavors have time to marry well. In a large bowl, toss zucchini with olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Set aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350°. Place zucchini on a plate cut side up and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Transfer zucchini, cut side up, to a roasting pan and cook until tender and slightly brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
Arrange zucchini on a serving plate, browned side up. Just before serving, toss breadcrumbs with gremolata and scatter over zucchini. Serve warm or at room temperature.