Pan Roasted Organic Chicken with Black Truffle Risotto
- 6 organic chicken breasts
- 2 whole black truffles , plus 1/4 cup chopped black truffles
- 1 pound goat cheese , crumbled
- 1 cup olive oil
- 6 Shelton Farms chicken leg and thigh meat, finely diced
- 3 medium carrots , 1/4-inch diced
- 6 stalks celery , 1/4-inch diced
- 2 cups yellow onion , 1/4-inch diced
- 2 leeks , white part only, 1/4-inch diced
- 1/4 cup garlic , sliced
- 1/2 cup shallots , sliced
- 4 cups button mushrooms , chopped
- 2/3 liter white wine
- 2 tablespoons Port wine
- 2 cups freshly made or store-bought chicken stock
- 1/2 cup store-bought hoisin sauce or demi glace
- 1 pound roasted chicken bones
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary , chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme , chopped
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion , finely diced
- 1 pound risotto
- 2 cups white wine
- 6 cups or store-bought chicken stock
- 1/2 cup truffle butter (see below)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan Reggiano
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Kosher salt
- 2 ounces black truffles
- 1 tablespoon chopped black truffle
- 4 sticks unsalted butter
Preheat oven to 400°.Slice the whole truffles on a truffle slicer. Gently separate the skin from each chicken breast without tearing the skin, and stuff the sliced truffles and goat cheese between the breast and the skin. Sear the chicken, skin side down, in a hot skillet with a little olive oil. Remove from the heat, and leaving the breasts skin side down, roast them in the oven until thoroughly cooked, about 10-15 minutes.
Sweat the carrots, celery, onions and leeks in a little olive oil until tender. Reserve.
Sear the leg and thigh meat in a skillet with olive oil.
Toss the vegetable mix with the cooked leg and thigh meat. Add chopped black truffles and Natural Jus.
For Natural Jus
In a flat-bottomed pan over medium heat, sauté the garlic and shallots until caramelized. Add mushrooms and sauté until their moisture is released. Add the wines and reduce by half. Add the stock, hoisin sauce or demi glace and bones, and reduce by 2/3. Add the rosemary and thyme. Finish with butter. Strain and adjust seasonings.
For Black Truffle Risotto
In a flat-bottom saucepan, heat 1/2 cup of the olive oil. Add the onion and sweat until translucent. Add the risotto and make sure it is thoroughly coated with the mixture while stirring constantly. Add the white wine and reduce until dry. Add half of the chicken stock to cover the risotto, and stir constantly until the stock is gone. Repeat with the remaining stock until you have used up all of the liquid and the rice is tender but still chewy, about 20 minutes. Add 1/2 cup of truffle butter and 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan.
For Truffle butter:
In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade, mix the butter and truffles for about 1 to 2 minutes.
Presentation: On individual plates, place some of the risotto to cover the plate. Spoon the leg and vegetable ragout in the center of the plate. Place the sliced chicken breast on top of the vegetables and shave some black truffles on top.