Servings: Serves 6–8
- 8 1-inch-thick slices of crusty sourdough bread , grilled or oven-toasted on both sides
- 1 pound lobster meat , steamed and sliced*
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh ' ' chives
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf fresh parsley
- 3 hot ' ' serrano chilies , chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. very good, unfiltered extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. freshly crushed black peppers
- 1 cup finely diced celery
Place the bread slices on a platter. Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl; mix well. Top each slice of bread with approximately 2 to 3 heaping tablespoons of the lobster mixture. Serve as an appetizer. If making these for a cocktail party, cut each slice of bread into smaller, bite-size pieces and top with just a teaspoon of the lobster mixture.
*For a variation or when lobster isn't available, try substituting a firm white fish, poached; cooked shrimp and crab are also lovely.