Servings: Serves 4 to 6
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) plus 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Muenster cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded mild Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup (8 ounces) Velveeta , cut into small cubes
- 2 large eggs , lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly butter a deep 2 1/2-quart casserole.
Bring the large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the oil, then the elbow macaroni, and cook until the macaroni is just tender, about 7 minutes. Do not overcook. Drain well. Return to the cooking pot.
In a small saucepan, melt eight tablespoons of the butter. Stir into the macaroni. In a large bowl, mix the Muenster, mild and sharp Cheddar, and Monterey Jack cheeses. To the macaroni, add the half-and-half, 1 1/2 cups of the shredded cheese, the cubed Velveeta, and the eggs. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to the buttered casserole. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup of shredded cheese and dot with the remaining one tablespoon of butter.
Bake until it's bubbling around the edges, about 35 minutes. Serve hot.
798 calories, 49.3 grams of fat, 28.6 grams saturated fat, 202 mg cholesterol, 786 mg sodium, 61.0 grams carbohydrates, 27.7 grams protein, 1.8 grams fiber