Servings: Makes 4 servings
- 1/2 pound orecchiette pasta
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 medium zucchini , trimmed
- 1 pint (2 cups) grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup arugula and walnut pesto
- 1/3 cup fresh ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook orecchiette according to package directions. Drain well and transfer to a large bowl; toss with 1 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil.
Meanwhile, cut zucchini in half lengthwise and then in half again to form spears. Slice crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces. In a large skillet set over medium-high heat, heat remaining olive oil. Add zucchini and cook 4 minutes or until just soft, stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes and cook 2 to 3 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
Reduce heat to medium low. Stir in orecchiette, pesto, ricotta, lemon zest, salt, and pepper until combined. Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan; serve immediately.
Printed from Oprah.com on March 12, 2014
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.