Spicy arugula and citrusy oranges are a perfect match for a snappy ginger vinaigrette.
Servings: Serves 4
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 piece (2 inches) fresh ginger , grated (about 2 teaspoons)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt , plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper , plus more to taste
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 2 oranges , skin and pith removed, sliced crosswise into 1/3-inch-thick circles
- 1 large fennel bulb , trimmed and very thinly sliced
In a jar, combine lemon juice, ginger, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Close jar tightly; shake well. Set aside. In a large bowl, toss arugula, orange, and fennel; drizzle with dressing. Season with additional salt and pepper before serving.
Note:The fresh ginger should be peeled unless otherwise noted. To grate fresh ginger, use a microplane grater or a triangular ginger grater, which will catch unwanted ginger fibers in its teeth, leaving behind a juicy, concentrated pulp.
Printed from Oprah.com on June 18, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.