- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil , plus more for pan
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Madras curry powder
- 2 small acorn squashes (about 1 1/2 pounds), rinsed
- 3 leeks , sliced lengthwise, rinsed well and trimmed
- 3 large sweet potatoes (about 2 pounds), peeled
Remove stem ends from squashes. Using a sharp, heavy knife, halve squashes lengthwise; scoop out seeds with a spoon and discard. Cut each half into 3 to 4 wedges. Toss squash in soy mixture and, with a slotted spoon, transfer to prepared pan.
Slice leeks crosswise into 1-inch-long pieces; toss in soy mixture and, with a slotted spoon, transfer to pan with squash. Halve sweet potatoes lengthwise and cut each half into 4 wedges; toss in soy mixture and transfer to pan. Spread vegetables in a single layer and cover pan tightly with foil.
Bake 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake until vegetables are tender when pierced with a knife and edges of the vegetables are browned and slightly crisp, 25 to 30 minutes more.