Open-Faced Shrimp Sandwiches
Recipe adapted from Café on 5, Bergdorf Goodman, New York City
From the August 2001 issue of O, The Oprah Magazine
Try this delicious recipe!
Servings: Serves 6
- 18 large (21-25 per pound) shrimp , cooked, shelled and de-veined
- 6 medium radicchio leaves
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons prepared chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh chives
- 3/4 teaspoon brandy
- 1/2 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon (scant) grated fresh ginger
- 2 drops Tabasco or red hot sauce
- Pinch salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 6 small sprigs curly parsley
With a 2 3/4 or 3-inch round biscuit cutter, cut circles out of slices of firm white bread and toast lightly; set aside.
Whisk the dressing ingredients in a bowl until smooth. Cover and refrigerate up to 6 hours ahead.
Slice the shrimp in half lengthwise. Thinly slice the radicchio leaves and toss in a bowl with 2 tablespoons of the Brandied-Chive Dressing. Toss shrimp with the remaining dressing. Top 6 toasts evenly with the dressed radicchio and then arrange the shrimp slices overlapping on top.
Sprinkle the sandwiches with chopped parsley. Serve each sandwich with a sprig of parsley on the side.
Printed from Oprah.com on December 5, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.