- 2 pounds thin-skinned, golf ball–size new potatoes , as similar in size as possible, scrubbed well
- 8 Tbsp. (4 ounces) unsalted butter , cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 Tbsp. Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 5 thyme sprigs
- 3/4 cup dill sprigs , large stems removed, about 10 sprigs
- 1 Tbsp. coarsely ground fresh black pepper
- 1 cup water
- Dijon mustard
- Fleur de sel
2. Place directly on hot coals and cook for 20 to 30 minutes or cook in a 350°F barbecue for about 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a paring knife.
3. Carefully open the packet and transfer the potatoes to a serving bowl, removing the cooked herbs. Garnish with the reserved 1⁄4 cup of dill. Serve with the mustard and fleur de sel on the side.
From Serious Barbecue by Adam Perry Lang. Copyright © 2009. Published by Hyperion. Available wherever books are sold. All rights reserved.