Try this delicious recipe!
Servings: Makes 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion , diced
- 1 large carrot , peeled, sliced lengthwise then thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 stalks celery , thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 pounds small red potatoes , unpeeled and cut into small pieces
- 2 cans (14 1/2 ounces) vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half or light cream
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
In a large Dutch oven, combine butter and olive oil over medium heat until hot. Add onions, carrots, and celery; stir occasionally for 8-10 minutes until onions are golden. Add potatoes, broth, thyme, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes until potatoes are tender when pierced with fork. Add half-and-half and continue simmering for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and add cheddar cheese. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if desired and serve hot with sour cream and chives.
Printed from Oprah.com on December 6, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.