Mum's the Word Cupcakes
Get more cupcake decorating ideas.
- 8 vanilla cupcakes , baked in orange paper liners
- 1/4 cup each blue, white, light yellow, bright pink, bright yellow, orange and purple decorating sugars
- 1 bag (10.5 ounces) flavored mini marshmallows (assorted pastel colors)
- 1 bag (10.5 ounces) mini marshmallows
- 1 cup canned vanilla frosting
- 40 pastel-colored licorice pastels (Jelly Belly)
- Green licorice twists (Twizzlers, Rainbow Twists)
Spread a thin layer of frosting on top of 1 cupcake. Starting along the outside edge of the cupcake, arrange like-colored marshmallow petals, sugared sides up, close together. Continue with another 2 rows of the same color marshmallows to almost completely cover the cupcake. Repeat with the remaining frosting, cupcakes, and marshmallows.
For the stamens, insert 5 like-colored licorice pastels in the center of each cupcake. Arrange the flower cupcakes on a serving platter. Trim the green licorice twists to look like stems and place on the platter.
©2010 What's New, Cupcake? by Karen Tack and Alan Richardson. Excerpted by permission of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. All rights reserved. No part of this excerpt may be reproduced or reprinted without permission in writing from the publisher.