I'm happy there is day set aside to honor moms. I love to honor mine, and I love and drink in every moment of Mother's Day when my children are beside me because they just want me to have the best day ever—and I do!
The best and most memorable Mother's Day gifts, to me, were the homemade gifts and handwritten letters, and, oh yes, coffee and juice in bed along with a "family sandwich." What's a family sandwich? Well, when our girls were small, they would climb into the bed with us and cuddle in between Tony and me. Tony and I were the bread and the girls, the delicious insides! We would hug tightly and squeal, "family sammich!" (that's how they pronounced "sandwich" before they could say it the right way). We still make "family sammiches" on Mother's Day, only now it's a challenge since Alex is 6'1" and Ari is 5'8"!
This Mother's Day, I'm planning a whole menu for our entire family to celebrate, to honor our mom and for all the moms in our family!
I'm starting with:
- Lemon-Infused Angel Hair Pasta
- Shrimp Scampi with Garlic, Lemon and White Wine
- Butter Lettuce with Shallot Vinaigrette Dressing
- Small Assorted Cheese Plate with Sweet Cold Grapes and Homemade Crackers
- Pinot Grigio
- Mint-Infused Iced Tea with Fresh Lemons
- Lemon Poppy Seed Mini Cupcakes with Fresh Raspberries and Mint
Happy Mother's Day! And don't forget to try my new recipe for Lemon-Infused Angel Hair Pasta. Enjoy!
Sending a big bowl of motherly love,