Try this delicious recipe!
Servings: Makes 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 red-skinned potatoes , unpeeled, cut into small chunks
- 1 medium butternut squash , peeled, seeded, and cut into small pieces
- 1 large onion , diced
- 2 carrots , peeled and sliced into thin rings
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans , drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup golden or brown raisins
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) chopped or diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 cups couscous
- 1 1/3 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
In a large Dutch oven or high-sided skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add potatoes, squash, onions, and carrots. Stir frequently for about 10 minutes until onions are golden brown. Add beans, raisins, tomatoes, cumin, cinnamon, salt, and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil; reduce to simmer and continue cooking for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender when pierced with fork.
Meanwhile prepare couscous as directed on package, using broth instead of water.
Stir cilantro into stew and adjust seasoning with salt if desired. Serve with couscous.
Printed from Oprah.com on December 8, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.