Servings: Makes 1 omelet
- 1/4 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup diced fresh tomato
- 1/4 cup packed fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon low-fat cream cheese
- 3 large egg whites , lightly whipped
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the broiler. Heat a sauté pan with a flameproof handle over medium heat and add the olive oil. Add the vegetables and sauté them until they begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Pour the egg whites over the vegetables and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the bottom is done and the sides are firm, about 4 minutes. Spread the cream cheese on top of the omelet.
Place the pan under the broiler for about 2 minutes to finish cooking the top of the omelet. Remove from heat. Fold over half the omelet and serve.
(Per 1/4 cup) 110 calories, 2.5 grams fat, 1 gram saturated fat, 5 mg of cholesterol, 520 mg sodium, 10 grams carbohydrate, 2 grams fiber, 13 grams protein